Monday, September 17, 2012

Lord, I am so afraid!

"Lord, I am so afraid! I can't shake off this heart tightness.This dread, this anticipation of a fearful thing I can't even name makes me weak.  The heaviness is weighing me down. Nightmares disturb my sleep! I am obsessing over the what ifs.  My stomach's tied in knots. It's hard to breath."

Past failures flood my mind. Stupid actions, careless words - "God, help me!" I cry!
"Where are You?  Are You listening? Are You  there? Do You care?"
 I pace back and forth. I can't sit any longer.

"NO! Stop it! These thoughts are wrong! I know who's whispering these words and I will not listen!"

Sitting down I open my Bible. Out falls a note of verses that I copied  last week. Reaching down I pick up the note and  read:
 
Sit still, my daughter.
Listen and be quiet;
do not fear or be fainthearted.
Be still and know that I am God.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
Do not fret . . .
My child, have no fear of bad news;
make your heart steadfast, trust in the Lord. 
Be secure in ME, have no fear!
You do not realize now what I am doing,
but later you will understand.
You shall remember that the Lord led you all the way. . .
to humble you and test you to reveal your heart.
I redeemed you
You are MINE!
Your light affliction is for but a moment.
The reward is beautiful and glorious.
Humble yourself, therefore, under the mighty hand of God,
that I may lift you up in due time.
Cast all you anxiety on Me
because I love you unconditionally!
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Good words....thank you :)
    Love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete